1. After you have popped the popcorn, shake and transfer to another bowl to sift out the unpeopled kernels.
2. In a saucepan combine sweetener, butter and sea salt. Bring to a low boil and boil for 4 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and add baking soda and vanilla. It will foam a bit but just stir it down.
4. Pour the caramel sauce over the popcorn and stir with a long handled spoon. Continue stirring until the popcorn is evenly coated.
It will be sticky at this point but delicious to eat right away. You can also shape it into balls with buttered hands before it cools too much.
5. If you are storing the popcorn for a later time, lay it out on baking sheets and bake for 45-60 minutes in a 225 degree oven stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool before packaging.