After sharing with you last time how to make the Perfect Hard Boiled Egg, you may be wondering how you are to eat these perfect eggs?
Indeed, eating just plain hard boiled eggs day after day may get a bit boring.
So I’ve put together a few
ways to prepare the eggs for snacks, appetizers, or even putting them into a main dish.
Several of these recipes call for mayonnaise. Sign up for my newsletter to receive my free mayo recipe!
Even though I freely eat raw eggs, I do not make any of these recipes with my homemade mayo if I’m taking it as a dish to pass. I don’t want others consuming raw eggs unknowingly just in case anything should happen.
Deviled Eggs or Salad Eggs
Depending what circle of friends you are in may determine what you call them but I grew up calling them deviled eggs.
Deviled eggs are easy, delicious and beautiful. Plus they are relatively inexpensive to make for a crowd!
Personally, I’ve never followed a recipe. I just add a little of this and a pinch of that and sample until the filling tastes just right.
1. Slice the hard boiled eggs in half the long ways.
2. Scoop all the yolks out into a small bowl or the food processor.
3. Add to the yolks some mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and mustard (or mustard powder).
4. Blend with a mixer or in the food processor.
5. To thin down the filling mixture I add a splash of cream or milk.
6. For small batches I just spoon the filling back in the empty halves. For big batches I put my filling into a zipper baggie, snip off one corner and squeeze the filling out.
7. Lightly sprinkle the eggs with paprika.
Sorry I can’t be more exact! For those who would like an official recipe I came across Stephanie’s Healthy Deviled Egg Recipe.
Get access to my free mini cookbook with my recipe for healthy Mayonnaise when you sign up for my newsletter!
Egg salad is great in a sandwich, on crackers or topped on your lettuce salad. Don’t tell anyone, but sometimes I just sit down and eat it with a spoon!
This is another one of my recipes without a recipe:
1. Dice up the hard boiled eggs.
2. Add some mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. If you are adventurous, throw in a minced garlic clove!
3. Mix with a spoon. Taste. Adjust. Taste. Adjust.
Pickled Red Beet Eggs
[Check out my delicious pickled Creamy Red Beet Salad recipe!]
Hear me out now. If you aren’t a fan of red beets, try them pickled. If you don’t like them pickled, then at least try the eggs with a tinge of the pickled beet flavor. Or don’t. It’s up to you!
Pickled red beet eggs are nothing like the usual pickled egg. These taste delicious and add a pop of color to a relish tray or a dinner table. They are easy to make but require a little planning ahead.
1. Submerge peeled, hard boiled eggs in pickled red beet juice. Make sure it’s pickled! Just plain red beet juice will not be as appetizing!
2. Let them soak for 24 hours.
3. Drain the juice off and slice in half the long ways to serve.
Read More: Quick and Easy Real Food Snacks for Holiday Parties
6 Forgotten Vegetables You Should Grow
On a Salad
A sliced or diced hard boiled egg can dress up any salad. The easiest way I like them is just sliced on top of a lettuce salad. Otherwise eggs add a nice finishing touch by laying the slices across the top of a potato salad dish or red beet salad or even a macaroni salad. Sprinkle with a dash of parsley and…Tada! Pretty dish to serve or carry in.
Read More: Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix and Dip
Add Them to a Main Dish
There are lots of recipes that call for hardboiled eggs. Breakfast dishes seem to be the most popular hot dishes. They can also be added to many salads like lettuce or pasta.
A while back I shared my recipe for Easter Breakfast Egg Bake that takes hard boiled eggs.
Slovakian Egg Spread
Naomi from Almost Bananas has this amazing recipe for Slovak Style Egg Spread! I came across her blog (and recipe) a year ago or so and have enjoyed learning from her adventures of living in Slovakia. Try her simple egg spread recipe here!
Egg salad is delicious. Guacamole is delicious. Why not combine the two! Check out this delicious recipe for Creamy Guacamole with Hard Boiled Eggs.
Otherwise try this avocado twist for Guacamole Deviled Eggs.
Read More: Breakfast Quiche Recipe
So mix things up a bit! Try one or two of these tips for enjoying your hard boiled eggs in a new way.